Olympus Presents ‘Frontiers in Neuroscience’: Presentations on New Techniques for Neuro Applications
WASHINGTON D.C., November 12, 2008 – Olympus, a world leader in research microscopy, is presenting Frontiers in Neuroscience, an opportunity during the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting for researchers to study with leaders developing new techniques to approach specific neuroscience applications. Three one-hour presentations, all in Olympus Booth # 2323, are planned during the meeting:
- Monday November 17, 11 am: Lise Lyck, M.Sc., Ph.D., and Michael Grunkin, Ph.D., from Visiopharm, Horsholm, Denmark, speaking about “High-Throughput Stereology: the Proportionator, Automated Physical Fractionator, and Whole Slide Imaging.” Attendees are welcome to come any time during the hour.
- Monday November 17, 2 pm: Brian J. Bacskai, Ph.D., of the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA, speaking about “Two Photon Imaging In-Vivo in a Mouse Model with Alzheimer’s Disease.” Attendees are welcome to come any time during the hour.
- Tuesday November 18, 2 pm; Karl A. Kasischke, M.D., Assistant Professor of Neurology, Director of the Multiphoton Core Facility, Center for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, speaking about “Intravital Imaging of Blood Flow and Energy Metabolism in Mouse Brain.” Attendees are welcome to come any time during the hour.
For more information contact Nick George, Olympus America Inc., 3500 Corporate Parkway, Center Valley PA 18034-0610; phone (484) 896-5107; or stop by Olympus Booth #2323 at the Neuroscience meeting (http://www.olympusamerica.com/neuro2008)
About Olympus Scientific Equipment Group
Olympus America Scientific Equipment Group provides innovative microscope imaging solutions for researchers, doctors, clinicians and educators. Olympus microscope systems offer unsurpassed optics, superior construction and system versatility to meet the ever-changing needs of microscopists, paving the way for future advances in life science.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in healthcare, life science and consumer electronics products. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include:
- Gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products;
- Advanced clinical and research microscopes;
- Lab automation systems, chemistry-immuno and blood bank analyzers and reagents;
- Digital cameras and voice recorders.
Olympus serves healthcare and commercial laboratory markets with integrated product solutions and financial, educational and consulting services that help customers to efficiently, reliably and more easily achieve exceptional results. Olympus develops breakthrough technologies with revolutionary product design and functionality for the consumer and professional photography markets, and also is the leader in gastrointestinal endoscopy and clinical and educational microscopes. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.