Olympus Selected as one of the Morning Call Top Workplaces for 2014
Annual Award Honors Best Places to Work Based on Employee Surveys
CENTER VALLEY, Pa., February 26, 2014 – Olympus, a precision technology leader in designing and delivering innovative opto-digital solutions in healthcare, life science and consumer electronics products, announced today that the Company has been selected as one of The Morning Call Top Workplaces for 2014.
The Top Workplaces are determined based solely on employee feedback, gathered by Workplace Dynamics, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. The results show that overall Olympus employees feel positive about the workplace, the direction of the company, their contribution to Olympus and their manager.
Findings of the survey, which received an 84 percent response rate from Olympus employees, highlight that more than half of Olympus employees:
- Rate Olympus high for company direction, citing confidence in Olympus leadership and belief that the Company operates by strong values and ethics
- Give their manager positive or very positive ratings
- Give the Company positive marks for flexibility and work/life balance, and for meeting expectations relative to their job requirements
- Feel engaged with Olympus, with nearly 70 percent indicating that they would recommend the Olympus workplace to others
"Olympus employees provided nearly 1,100 comments and improvement ideas that will help our leadership team continue to evolve the culture of Olympus,” said Nacho Abia, President, Olympus Corporation of the Americas. “We value our employee engagement and insight through this important process of continuous improvement in making Olympus an ideal workplace.”
The Morning Call published the complete list of Top Workplaces on February 26. For more information about the Top Workplaces lists and WorkplaceDynamics, please visit www.topworkplaces.com and www.workplacedynamics.com.
Olympus is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering innovative solutions in its core business areas:
- Medical and Surgical Products: Gastrointestinal endoscopy, minimally invasive surgical products, and accessories
- Life Science Imaging Systems: Advanced research, clinical/educational microscopes, and research/educational digital imaging systems
- Industrial Measurement and Imaging Instruments: Industrial research, engineering, test, inspection and measuring instruments
- Cameras and Audio Products: Digital cameras and voice recorders
Through this technology, Olympus focuses on enhancing people’s lives every day and helping people enjoy the continuum of life. For more information visit Olympus at www.olympusamerica.com.
Michael Levey, Olympus, 484-896-5120, firstname.lastname@example.org