|Home >> Ask Olympus: When I playback my pictures I can zoom in on an image. How can I save the zoomed image?|
When I playback my pictures I can zoom in on an image. How can I save the zoomed image?
When you are displaying an image in playback, you canít save the zoomed image you see on the screen. However, you can create and save a copy of a partially zoomed image by cropping in-camera using the Playback EDIT menu.
When you have selected your image in the Playback Mode, open the Menu and press the UP arrow button and press the OK button to open the EDIT menu. The cropping function icon is a rectangle made up of two Ls. Select the cropping function and press the OK button and press the OK button to start the cropping process.
You will see a frame superimposed over the image. By pressing the T and W zoom buttons you can select the size and orientation of the cropped area. Then you can position the cropped area using the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT arrow buttons. When you have selected the size and position of the cropped area, press the OK button to save a copy of the cropped image to the memory card. The Playback EDIT menu also has an option to make a copy of an image resized to use on the Internet, such as at online auction sites.
Select an image in the Playback Mode and open the menu. Press the UP arrow button to select the EDIT menu and press the OK button. The resizing function icon is a rectangle with an arrow pointing at a smaller rectangle. Select that option and press the OK button. You will have the option of selecting VGA 640x480 or QVGA 320x240. Select one of the options and press the OK button to save a copy of the resized image to the memory card.
Archive - Compact Cameras:
- Playing back photos and movies
- Printing the date on your photos
- Taking better indoor photos
- Changing resolution
- Best image sizes for emailing
- Avoiding blur in low light
- Taking pictures faster
- Evening out exposure for panoramic sequences
- Digital vs. film ISO
- Grainy pictures
- xD-Picture Card Use and Care
- Black and White with your point and shoot
- Shooting for online auctions
- Panoramic photography
- How do I photograph documents?
- Get images off of internal memory?
- Increasing shot-to-shot speed
- Tips for shooting portraits
- Tips for shooting holiday lights outdoors
- Tips about memory card usage
- My videos I'm not getting any sound. Why?
- Tips for shooting panorama photos
- Minimizing shutter lag
- Transferring your photos to a CD
- Macro photography
- Double exposures and xD card questions
- Battery charging guidelines
- Truer color indoors
- Proper settings and exposure for stage photos
- Minimizing glare from glasses
- Adjusting for photos shot into the sun
- Keeping faces sharp
- Why do I get red-rye?
- Steadying camera in NIGHT Scene mode
- Extending my battery charge?
- Shooting in cold weather
- Using the Macro shooting mode
- Save a zoomed playback image
- Printing from Olympus software
- Low Light Sports Photography
- Shooting indoors in the winter
- Using my camera on a telescope or microscope
- Tips for getting better results using the flash
- Tips for controlling sunlight
Submit your question using the form below and we may feature it in our next edition!
Please note: Questions submitted to Olympus will not receive individual responses.
If you have a specific tech support issue for which you need immediate assistance, please contact our technical support group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-888-55-DIGITAL.