|Home >> Ask Olympus: Which set-up do you recommend to take advantage of studio lighting, strobes, etc.?|
Question: Which set-up do you recommend to take advantage of studio lighting, strobes, etc.?
Answer: Studio photography is an art and craft unto itself. Images made in a studio environment are the result of the greatest control possible in photography and represent a significant investment in time, equipment, and technique.
Olympus digital SLRs are very adaptable to the studio environment because the extensive camera features and settings enable the photographer to adjust camera settings to work with whatever lighting the photographer wishes to use.
The best way to learn studio photography is to attempt studio photography. In the digital photography era the expenses of experimentation are far less than shooting film because of the immediate feedback a digital camera provides.
Archive - E-System:
- Advantages of digital lenses
- Transferring your photos to a CD
- Printing the date on your photos
- Best image sizes for emailing
- Lens connections and F-stop
- Indoor sports photos
- AF illuminator and camera flashes
- Camera locks up while shooting closeups
- Taking photos of the Northern Lights
- Shooting in cold weather
- Pixel Mapping
- Waterfall and Stream Effects
- Camera unable to secure autofocus
- Night sports photos
- Can I use a teleconverter with my kit lens?
- What is MY MODE?
- Saving Your Camera Settings
- What does the Fn button do?
- Tips for shooting holiday lights outdoors
- Tips about memory card usage
- The purpose of IMAGE ASPECT when shooting?
- Tips for digitizing 35mm color slides
- Double exposures and xD card questions
- Taking better indoor photos
- Shooting in RAW
- Battery charging guidelines
- E-System Compatibility
- Cleaning your mirror box
- Studio Lighting
- Tricks for manually focusing
- Focusing E-System cameras in low light
- P, A, S and M modes
- Keeping a zoom lens steady
- What lenses can I use with my DSLR?
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Photography
- Post-processing color controls in OLYMPUS Master
- How do I use bracketing modes?
- Save a zoomed playback image
- How can CONTRAST, SHARPNESS and
SATURATION be applied creatively?
- Shooting indoors in the winter
- What does the GRADATION feature in the menu do?
- Using OM-System lenses and accessories
Submit your question using the form below and we may feature it in our next edition!
Please note: Questions submitted to Olympus will not receive individual responses.
If you have a specific tech support issue for which you need immediate assistance, please contact our technical support group by sending an email to email@example.com, or by calling 1-888-55-DIGITAL.