|Home >> Maintaining the Waterproof Feature of your Camera|
Maintaining the Waterproof Feature
of your Camera
As with any electronic device, proper care and maintenance is required to preserve the integrity and operation of your camera.
- Be sure to inspect the battery cover door and USB cover door.
- These doors should be free of SAND, HAIR or any other FOREIGN OBJECTS, which may cause the doors to close incorrectly and therefore increase the risk of leaks penetrating the camera body.
- To remove these objects use a soft, lint free cloth.
- If water drops are present, remove them using a soft, lint free cloth.
- Inspect the doors for cracks or tears on the water resistant sealants.
- Be sure all doors are closed tightly, you should hear a CLICK.
- If you suspect a door not closing correctly, DO NOT USE camera in water.
- After use, the camera must be cleaned with clean fresh water (not salt water or water with chemicals in it).
- Fill a bucket with clean fresh water and make sure all doors are closed firmly.
- Immerse the camera in water with lens surface downwards.
- Press the power button several times in the water. This will open and close the lens cover thus removing any debris. This is required to avoid lens failure & ensure the lens cover remains free from obstruction. (If not cleaned and used in this way it may cause damage to the lens gearing or may cause the lens cover to become stuck).
- Take the camera out of the water & shake it gently. Press the power button and check to see if lens cover is moving smoothly.
- Dry camera with a damp clean cloth.
- Open all doors and let the camera dry.