- While the ultra-slim 2.8mm insertion tube on its own improves insertion characteristics significantly, the BF-XP160F features other refinements such as a smaller bending radius and greater resistance to warping than a comparable fiberscope.
- Even with its slim design, the BF-XP160F incorporates a 1.2mm diameter channel that can accommodate a variety of EndoTherapy accessories.
- Because the CCD is built into the control section, the BF-XP160F is able to take advantage of video technology to deliver images that are much sharper and clearer than could be obtained with a fiberscope.
- The image size on the monitor is significantly larger than that of a fiberscope, making images easier to observe.
- An advanced, ergonomic design makes the control section easier to handle and helps to reduce operator fatigue.
- There is no need to adjust focus and the automatic light adjustment system is fast and responsive, ensuring clear, high-quality images with minimum halation.
- The BF-XP160F is fully compatible with EVIS CV-100, CV-140, CV-160 and CV-180 Video Processors.
Combining the superior image quality of video with the versatility of fiberoptics, the Olympus BF-XP160F offers unprecedented access to the farthest recesses of the peripheral bronchi — an area previously accessible only with a fiberscope. With an ultra-slim insertion tube measuring a mere 2.8mm in diameter, this innovative “hybrid” scope boasts a surprisingly large 1.2mm diameter instrument channel and high-quality video images that will set a new standard for bronchoscopy in the peripheral lung.