Olympus considers grant requests for medical educational conferences, symposiums and workshops organized and operated through Independent Non- Profit Organizations such as Non-Profit Medical Societies, Accredited Continuing Medical Education Providers, Academic Medical Center or Core Facilities. All such events must be open to qualified health care professionals from multiple health care facilities.
- Financial support (excluding support for any meals, travel, lodging or honoraria) for independent educational events.
- Short term product loans for the above-mentioned types of events occurring in Mexico, Brazil and Puerto Rico.
- Financial support for clinical fellowships coordinated by medical societies. Current priority areas include advanced endoscopy, interventional urology and interventional pulmonology.
- The next review cycle for clinical fellowship requests is anticipated for January-March 2024; please check back in November 2023 for updates.
The Committee does not
- Non-clinical research fellowships
- Clinical fellowships coordinated by universities, medical schools and/or teaching hospitals
- Requests directly benefitting individual health care professionals, or requests designed to solely benefit health care professionals from a single institution, including institution-specific fellowships
- Funds for travel, lodging, honoraria or meal expenses for any healthcare professional
- Requests to underwrite course expenses for individual health care professionals
- Events held in Riviera Maya, Cancun, Acapulco, Cozumel, Los Cabos and Riviera Nayarit. According to AMID’s (Asociación Mexicana de Industrias Innovadoras de Dispositivos) Code, member organizations are prohibited from providing grant funds for events held in these locations.
Olympus Grants Team- Americas
Can’t find the answers to your questions? A member of our team would be happy to help.
Grants Team Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-896-3939
Our grants process is designed to ensure compliance with anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws such as the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which is enforced in all of the Latin American countries where Olympus does business.
Understanding anti-corruption laws is quite simple: The laws of your country and the United States (where the Olympus Grants Committee is based) prohibit companies like Olympus from making corrupt payments (or providing other items of value, such as products) to any Government Official to obtain or retain business.
In most Latin American nations, academic medical centers and core facilities qualify as government entities and health care professionals and all personnel working for those institutions are Government Officials because of their employment relationships or affiliations with public hospitals, public academic medical centers and core facilities. For this reason, all applicants (health care professionals, and any individual or personnel acting on behalf of a Requesting Organization) must understand the following:
All organizations seeking grant support must apply exclusively through our online portal. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
The Committee does not make decisions based on the desire to generate goodwill from grant requestors or to reward past or future purchases, referrals or recommendations of Olympus products or services.
Olympus Grant Coordinators, not Olympus Sales and Marketing personnel or Olympus’ in-country distributors, are grant requestors’ exclusive source of information and communication for matters regarding anything related to Grants. The Olympus Grants Team should be contacted by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 484-896-3939. Communications with unauthorized personnel about any grants matters may jeopardize submissions.
All Olympus sales and marketing personnel and in-country distributors receive specific training advising them to remain separate and apart from matters relating to grants requests. Olympus personnel or in-country distributors may not:
- Initiate or promote grant requests on behalf of a health care professional.
- Assist health care professionals, or any related individuals or entities in applying for a grant.
- Create any expectations or convey information of any kind regarding grant approvals or denials.
Olympus strives for compliant and ethical behavior. If at any time any Olympus Representatives engage in conduct that you know or believe to be a violation of any anti-corruption laws, you are encouraged to report the conduct to Olympus’ Integrity Hotline. (http://olympusamerica.ethicspoint.com) The Integrity Hotline is secure, confidential and anonymous. It is available 24-hours a day and offers service in multiple languages.
For additional information on anti-corruption principles relevant in grant-making, Please visit:
Microscopy Education Update
Evident Corporation announced in April 2023 that it has been acquired by private equity firm Bain Capital Private Equity from Olympus Corporation pursuant to the definitive agreement signed on August 29, 2022.
As a result of this, the Olympus Grants Committee is no longer considering requests for microscopy education programs. This includes financial and product-loan requests.
Please reach out directly to Evident to inquire about their Grant program and application process.
Microscopy Education Update
Olympus Corporation recently announced the completion of the separation of its Scientific Solutions business to a wholly-owned subsidiary, Evident Corporation. As a newly-established wholly-owned subsidiary, Evident continues to operate independently under the Olympus umbrella.
Evident microscopy is not currently accepting grant requests, but is working to establish a program.
As more information becomes available, updates will be posted in our Program Updates.
If you have any questions, please contact the Olympus Grants Team- Americas
Support Categories Update
The Olympus Grants Committee has temporarily paused review of the following categories:
- Financial support for clinical fellowships coordinated by Medical Societies.
- Product donations for medical mission trips.
- Product donations for training and educational facilities.
We encourage interested parties to continue to check back for updates in November 2022
Friday, January 28, 2022
Fellowship Priority Areas Update
The Olympus Grants Committee considers requests for clinical fellowships coordinated by medical societies.
Current priority areas include:
- advanced endoscopy
- interventional urology
- interventional pulmonology
Should you have any questions, please contact the Olympus Grants Team- Americas at 484-896-3939 or grants-Americas@olympus.com.
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
COVID- 19 Update - Program Pause Update
Olympus Corporation of the Americas (OCA) is currently working through the implications of the COVID-19 crisis on our support for grant activities.
Olympus remains dedicated to fulfilling its mission as a supplier of life-sustaining medical, life sciences, and industrial industries. So that we can focus our efforts, Olympus has made the decision to begin accepting new grant requests utilizing a phased approach.
Starting July 1, 2020, the Olympus Grants Committee will begin receiving new requests for financial support only. New requests for product support will not be considered at this time. Please note that the 60-day rule remains. Therefore, the first eligible program date would be August 30. Programs must be planned in accordance with CDC and local COVID-19 guidelines.
We ask for your patience regarding possible delays in the processing of new grant requests as we resume grant activity.
We encourage interested parties to continue to check back for updates regarding expanded support categories.
Should you have any questions, please contact the OCA Grants Team at 484-896-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration / Application
The online registration process and application must be completed properly and submitted at least 60 days prior to the start date of the event for which support is requested utilizing our Grants Management System.
Please note: We cannot review incomplete applications. A member of the Olympus Grants Team may contact you with questions or if any information is missing. We request a prompt response so that we are able to continue with the review process in a timely manner.